Supply Chain Applications Lead
The Supply Chain Applications Lead leads the enterprise applications team charged with delivering and supporting the application capabilities that enable the Shutterfly, Inc. supply chain function. Reporting to the CIO, this enterprise applications leadership role is responsible for defining and driving the roadmap for select Operations technologies by working with leaders within the Supply Chain and other Operations functions and partnering closely with colleagues within the enterprise applications team, including our Portfolio & Architecture team. This role leads application design, development, deployment, and support; ensures effectiveness of business applications operation and support; and oversees major application improvement initiatives. This individual will build strong relationships with business function leaders, process owners, and key stakeholders, to ensure alignment of our enterprise application strategy to business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead, develop, and mentor the Supply Chain Applications team.
• Direct business application strategy, delivery, and support focused on Supply Chain and Plant Maintenance, including:
o Maintain broad understanding of business workflows, processes, and strategies,
o Define and drive application portfolio and lifecycle strategy,
o Provide leadership in exploring and analyzing new application functionality.
o Develop and review business process and technical designs to ensure appropriate use of technology,
o Lead business analysis and the definition of thorough and accurate business requirements,
o Deliver enhancements and new solutions on time and on budget,
o Ensure that system issues and enhancement requests are prioritized and addressed in line with business objectives,
o Ensure that test plans and training plans are designed and executed thoroughly and successfully,
o Ensure that all required system and user documentation is created accurately,
o Ensure that end-users receive appropriate training and existing documentation is updated accurately.
• Promote and oversee relationships with business partners, ensuring they view the enterprise applications team as proactive and responsive to business needs.
• Build capability and self-sufficiency within the end-user population and foster an environment of continual process improvement.
• Ensure compliance across applications portfolio, in line with regulatory controls.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have experience with SAP’s S/4HANA Cloud ERP, private edition; SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP); and SAP Ariba.
• Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes and solutions, product / item master data management, and Product Information Management concepts is highly desirable.
• Experience with Sales & Operations Planning, Demand Planning and operations analytics is highly desirable.
• Experience with Production Planning, Materials Management, and Warehouse Management solutions is highly desirable.
• Proven success in leading business transformation initiatives, including migrations to cloud ERP.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a complex portfolio of business applications at an enterprise level.
• Proven experience managing hybrid (onshore and offshore) development and support teams.
• Track record of success in delivering results through large-scale application projects.
• Demonstrated ability to build partnerships within the IT organization and across business functions.
• Effective and influential presentation and communication skills.
• Strong understanding of software architecture, design, and development methodologies (i.e. SDLC, AGILE, SAFe, etc.)
• Knowledgeable in industry, business function, and system best practices.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical background: Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or related IT field
• 15+ years’ experience leading application support, development, and delivery teams in a complex business operation.
• 7+ years’ experience in a senior IT applications leadership role (Director / VP of Applications).
• 7+ years’ experience managing design, development and implementation