Quality minded, detail-oriented, tactical and product/customer focused. They will coordinate the quality activities on the production floor and provide useful data to the manufacturing teams. The Quality Coordinator ensures all associates are aware of product standards and what they can do to ensure that our products meet our customers’ high expectations. This position will also support continuous improvement culture and activities and help to provide information and answers to be used in solving problems. This position reports to the Quality Manager at MSP.
- Coordinate activities on the manufacturing floor as related to maintaining and improving product and process quality
- Assist in utilizing tools that monitor real-time adherence to (for example, Control Plans and Product or Process audits)
- Collect, document, investigate, report, and maintain trends on nonconformance’s and customer complaints associated with product quality
- Present data and trends from metrics and monitoring activities to management and manufacturing teams
- Assist manufacturing with both short term “triage” and long term continuous improvement efforts through meetings, escalation and information
- Assist with testing and validating material and process changes as directed.
Skills and Attributes Needed
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with operators and production management
- Able to report out information in a clear and concise manner
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, takes pride in his/her work
- Strong computer skills with MS Office (emphasis on proficiency in spreadsheets)
- Flexibility to work alternative shifts as needed
- Ability to manage time and tasks and communicate gaps, constraints and barriers
- Able to learn on the fly, adapt to change and deal with ambiguity
- Customer-focused (both internal and external)
- Open-minded, empowered to question the status quo and "think outside the known"
Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with digital printing, lean manufacturing, and ISO 9001:2008 a plus
- Familiarity with quality planning tools a plus (Green Belt, ASQ certifications, RCCA, FMEA, etc)