Director of Product Management, Creation Experience
Shutterfly Inc is seeking a Director of Product Management, Creation Platform. As the product leader for this area, you will drive the vision and strategy for our Creation platform that as well as the development and management of user-facing creation services. You will directly manage a team of highly-talented product managers and lead/guide a broad cross-functional team. You will play a critical role in leading roadmap planning, metrics definitions, inputs and outputs of the services, and overall business results. Specifically, you will drive product innovation and execution to ensure we achieve critical objectives in terms of customer satisfaction, customer experience, conversion, customer retention, and personalized product revenue. You will be working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our long-term technical and business strategy, enable us to innovate and deliver new solutions rapidly, and ultimately help shape the future success of Shutterfly.
Successful candidates are strong product leaders with a demonstrated track record of building consumer-facing products and services that have high customer and business impact. Candidates should have deep product, business, and technical background, be able to make data-driven prioritization decisions, have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, and can establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders. We hire people who combine smarts with low ego, and who are driven to make their team successful, do the right thing for the business, and delight customers.
This is a key role with exceptional visibility across the organization because of the criticality of Creation Platform to the Shutterfly brand, business, and future growth vectors.
- Lead all aspects of product success, including gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining and measuring input and output metrics, defining MVPs, and working closely with engineering, user experience, visual design, operations, customer marketing, customer service, and finance to ensure goals are met.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to develop product strategy and roadmap. Recommend and champion new projects. Collaborate strongly with cross-functional management to successfully get new project ideas on the roadmap.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, User Experience, Operations, and Merchandising to ensure on-time and on-budget product delivery.
- Innovate Shutterfly product development processes to achieve continuous improvement and best-in-class processes. Be a strong leader across cross-functional teams in driving the process forward.
- Drive customer insights for product categories and tie insights to business plans and product roadmap. Establish metrics to measure effectiveness of launches and drive ongoing improvements.
- Conduct competitive analysis and develop a strong understanding of stakeholder priorities to drive development decisions.
- Act as product evangelist and implement product management best practices.
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Product management experience with consumer web services and software applications in areas such as photography, shopping/e-commerce, community and social networking a plus
- Experience designing compelling consumer product and service solutions for web and other device platforms (such as mobile and desktop)
- Passion for bringing innovative new products to market and creating great user experiences
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional teams
- Motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented
- Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams
- Data-driven approach. Experience with market research, competitive analysis and usability testing
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills
- MBA a plus