Creative Operations Manager
Shutterfly is looking for a Creative Operations Manager to join our Creative department. You will be working across Shutterfly and Tiny Prints as part of the Creative Operations team. You will partner with internal clients to manage day-to-day expectations for marketing programs, scope projects, streamline asks and manage expectations. We are looking for someone who likes working on a team, has great client services and project management skills and is able to influence cross-functional thinking and decision-making.
- A strong communicator who is proactive, highly organized, excellent at multi-tasking, comfortable under pressure, and able to work effectively as a team member.
- A strategic thinker who works cross-functionally with other teams within Marketing, is comfortable with scoping detailed objectives effectively and simply, and troubleshooting and preempting process issues throughout the department.
- A diplomat who builds relationships that lead to a complete understanding of the client's needs and objectives, and communicates them simply and effectively.
- An in-house creative studio with exceptional talent that delivers the marketing and advertising for Shutterfly and Tiny Prints. This includes site, landing pages, mobile design and messaging, email design, display advertising, social media, catalog and print DM, promotional and awareness videos. We work with a matrixed, cross-functional team that includes Brand Managers, Channel Managers, Category Managers, and Marketing Managers. Check out our work and store offerings at com
- Partner with internal marketing clients as the “go-to” creative services lead to help strategize on marketing ideas and scope objectives and goals for projects before they are funneled into a creative brief.
- Ability to scope and assist in the project definition by identifying project objectives, goals, phased work, and identifying photoshoot/merchandizing/engineering/web dev and other executional dependencies.
- Create win-wins by implementing an agile process for projects with short turnarounds and unique campaigns dependent on budget sign-offs.
- Approach each project as a unique challenge; be mindful and strategic when developing the plan to achieve success.
- Assess client needs, make recommendations and manage expectations.
- Be diligent in the creative process; encourage accurate creative brief authoring, implement best practices and SLAs, project scoping, and right-sizing asks for budget/revenue.
- Enthusiastically lead the team through all aspects of the project - from inception through completion; keep everyone excited and informed.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with leadership, the client and all team members involved with each project.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and have strong sense of urgency.
- Partner with internal clients to flag scope creep and change in direction, and course correct when needed.
- Identify and troubleshoot bottlenecks in client reviews, process; investigate root cause of scope changes, redo’s, and errors.
- Help establish and communicate processes.
- Identify and resolve issues with clients and creatives.
- Document and maintain briefs, specs, and SLAs.
- Lead cross-functional teams to better partner with Creative at a strategic level and elevate Creative to the forefront of strategic initiatives.
- BA or BS degree (or equivalent educational background).
- 3 - 5 years + experience in Marketing Operations or Creative Project Management for an in-house marketing/creative department or Creative Services at an agency. Ideally in e-commerce or retail.
- Working knowledge of project management software required. We are currently using Clarizen and Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience with developing comprehensive schedules and timelines for multiple projects.
- Highly Proficient with MS Office.
- Solid understanding of marketing creative work (such as mobile banners, emails, home pages, catalogs etc.) and it should be briefed, created and executed.
- Domaine expertise managing mobile, digital, email creative or web site/mobile design workflow.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and an organized approach.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities.
- Able to react quickly, adaptable to inevitable changes.
- Works well with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-described “people person”.
- Discretion in handling confidential materials and issues.