Supply Chain Data Scientist
Sr. Supply Chain Data Analyst
Shutterfly is looking for a rockstar Supply Chain Business Analyst with strong technical skills, business acumen, project management skills, and a passion for operations excellence. This role will be responsible for building out analysis, visualization tools and processes to inform our operations team – including supply chain, transportation, logistics, planning, and buying. The ideal candidate should be very comfortable working with large data sets and have the expertise to utilize these data sets to answer business questions, improve existing processes, innovate new solutions, and drive growth. As a subject matter expert, this person will also represent Supply Chain in the evaluation and testing of new tools and processes.
Would you describe yourself this way?
You believe in the power of data. You enjoy retrieving, integrating, visualizing and presenting critical data in a format that is immediately useful to improve the business decision-making process. You have a strong attention to detail and are a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity. You can take complex problems, break them down into executable tasks, identify datasets through analysis, and explain them simply to leaders across operations. You are passionate about designing, developing, and presenting operations/supply chain leaders the data and insights they need to manage and execute their businesses. You believe that data is key to understanding the operation at a high level, and also to understanding where to drill down within a matrixed organization. You thrive on daily interaction and collaboration with team members and reaching across team boundaries to make the right things happen. With your strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Partner with technical and business teams to provide actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations. This include defining hypothesis, gathering and manipulation data, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
• Design, develop, and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly products, solutions, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our analytical, operations and business needs.
• Partner with operations/business teams to consult, develop and implement KPI’s, automated reporting/process solutions and data infrastructure improvements to meet business needs.
• Continuously monitor (or automate) Supply Chain KPIs to identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for KPI baseline adjustments
• BS/MS/MBA degree in business (preferably supply chain management) and/or analytical discipline with minimum 6-10 years experiences in supply chain, preferably in transportation and logistics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to interact with data using reports, SQL, Python, R, etc.
• Detailed oriented, self-starter, and skilled in data analysis
• Able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing and supply chain environment
• Solid reporting, problem solving, and data analysis skills
• Analytical, excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change