Director, Product Management- Photos and Share
Shutterfly Photos is a key pillar of the Shutterfly ecosystem, both as an enabler for personalized product creation, but also as a user-facing photo solution that helps users organize, preserve, enjoy, and share precious memories.
As the product leader for this area, you will drive the vision and strategy for our Photos platform as well as the development and management of user-facing services such as photo upload, organization, gathering, and sharing – across both Shutterfly’s mobile apps and main web pages. You will directly manage a team of highly-talented product managers and lead/guide a broad cross-functional team. You will play a critical role in leading roadmap planning, metrics definitions, inputs and outputs of the services, and overall business results. Specifically, you will drive product innovation and execution to ensure we achieve critical objectives in terms of customer satisfaction, user acquisition, customer retention, and personalized product revenue. You will be working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our long-term technical and business strategy, enable us to innovate and deliver new solutions rapidly, and ultimately help shape the future success of Shutterfly.
Successful candidates are strong product leaders with a demonstrated track record of building consumer-facing products and services that have high customer and business impact. Candidates should have deep product, business, and technical background, be able to make data-driven prioritization decisions, have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, and can establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders. We hire people who combine smarts with low ego, and who are driven to make their team successful, do the right thing for the business, and delight customers.
This is a key role with exceptional visibility across the organization because of the criticality of Photos to the Shutterfly brand, business, and future growth vectors.
- 10+ years of product management experience, ideally in key domains such as Photography, Video, Gaming, Mobile Applications, Subscription Services, and Social Networking. Deep experience in consumer-facing products is a must
- Understanding of the social and mobile ecosystems and how to connect/integrate to drive growth (aka growth hacking). Experience creating a product or feature with a viral loop is highly desired
- Passion for bringing innovative new solutions to market and creating great user experiences
- Motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with market research, competitive analysis and usability testing
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills
- Experience creating business plans and business models
- Having an MBA and/or experience in Strategy Consulting and Investment Banking is a big plus
- Technical background, such as a Bachelor’s or advanced degree in in engineering, computer science or related technical field, is also highly welcome