Senior Director, Capital Market & Corporate Development
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Shutterfly is the leader in personalized photo products and services, connecting you with family and friends by sharing your photos in creative and innovative ways. With this brand, our customers can create lasting keepsakes such as award-winning photo books, customized stationary for life’s biggest occasions, and unique home décor.
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Director, Capital Market and Corporate Development will be responsible for execution of Shutterfly’s communication strategy related to our investor community, capital structure and financial tasks associated with corporate development activities (mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, partnerships).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, plans and executes a comprehensive, strategic investor relations program to increase company visibility with the investment community.
- Optimize Shutterfly’s capital structure and cost of capital.
- Organizes conferences, road shows, earnings conference calls, and investor meetings. Creates presentations, press releases, and other communication materials for earnings releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, brokers, and investors.
- Develop and manage relationships with rating agencies.
- Monitors analyst and peer estimates, consensus estimates, sell-side research, and market-related trends impacting valuation and perception.
- Supports development of corporate strategic development objectives that will be used to drive internal and external growth and inorganic business segment initiatives.
- Evaluates and executes domestic and international acquisition, divestiture, and partnership transactions including the strategic evaluation, financial analysis and modeling, due diligence, closing and integration process.
- Conducts valuation and financial analyses for potential transactions and other internal projects.
- Coordinates with internal business resources as well as external advisor relationships (investment banks, law firms, tax and accounting firms) required to evaluate and complete transactions.
- Responsible for leading, developing, and mentoring team toward a common vision across the broader Finance organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business or equivalent related experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- 12 or more years of experience in Accounting/Finance
- 5 or more years of experience in in-house corporate development including background in investment banking and M&A advisory
- Experience in investor relations, equity research, financial communications, or investment banking preferred
- International and emerging market experience highly desirable
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Strong financial acumen and deep understanding of financial modeling used by investment professionals to value companies
- Ability to develop, synthesize and present perspectives on key strategic/financial issues; experience overseeing projects for executive leadership
- Experience with business or financial management at the corporate, division, or business unit level
- Experience in working with executives
- Experience managing all work streams of an M&A transaction process
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings
- Solid transactional skills including due diligence, contracts review and negotiation
- Proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Superior problem solving and project management skills
- Advanced competency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to travel