Sr. Software Engineer - Backend
We are looking for some exceptional backend engineers for our web team that will be able to lead and own the product. The mandate for this team is to envision, develop, and manage the systems / workflows that enable Shutterfly to serve and manage the mobile native apps catalog.
At Shutterfly, our purpose is to share life’s joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading platform for personalized products.
Shutterfly’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users will purchase personalized products.
Given Shutterfly’s rare combination of an exceptional team of data scientists, extraordinary backend developers and a company-wide appreciation for the benefits of machine learning, a huge opportunity for impact awaits!
- Develop, debug, maintain and improve the backend infrastructure running in different clouds
- Analyze, design and develop scalable services and components
- Design and build flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies and modeling approaches
- Take full ownership of projects from conception through to production
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Work with team members and other groups to achieve company goals
Required Skills and Experiences:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Wealth of extensive experience (5+) as a backend engineer, writing in C based languages (PHP, Ruby, Java, ….)
- Extensive knowledge of code architecture and design patterns
- Experience designing and implementing distributed and scalable systems
- Experience developing and working with RESTful web services and client-server architectures
- Experience with working over Linux OS
- Self-direction, ambition, and an eagerness to learn new things
- Ability to take high-level project concepts and turn them into well thought out system designs
- Listens / curious / adaptable / collaborative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced company with short release cycles
- Eager to have a high impact
- Are pragmatic and know how to ship high-value features quickly
- You are an extremely self-motivated person with an eye for automating humans out of most equations (thoughtfully, mind).
- Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude and willing to have fun while working
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge in Ruby, Java and Vue.js
- Experience in cloud computing and/or AWS services and Heroku