Senior Document Composition Developer-Contractor
Shutterfly is looking for a Document Composition expert with Quadient Inspire experience in Shakopee, MN. As a member of a technical Document Composition development team, the ideal candidate will, with direction, work on moderately complex software development projects. The candidate will need to obtain a good understanding of the client's business so that one can provide technical expertise to Shutterfly's clients. This position will require a unique blending of software development and interpersonal skills and will be expected to increase knowledge around document technology, digital print, business expertise, and data quality. This role supports various applications that receive, batch, transform and manages data to create personalized and customized documents, which will meet the needs of internal and external clients. You will be working heavily with 3rd party software solutions which require a basic understanding of rule engines, Boolean operations, variables, validation rules, and how these contribute to output values. The primary purpose of the team is to support other company groups in maximizing end to end operational processes.
Key responsibilities include:
Quadient (GMC) Inspire (80%)
• Performs design and development of applications on complex projects utilizing both packaged software applications (Quadient Inspire) and custom-built applications
• Program, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate technology.
• QA checks on software upgrades, and new feature implementation.
• Support the team on implementation of business solutions and client requests.
• Work with team to maintain common usage files (e.g. Source File, External functions)
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve process.
Requirements and Analysis (10%)
• Assist in resolving internal/external inquiries related to input/output requirements, intended usage, strategic planning, and alignment of these elements to internal checks, controls, and quality assurance.
• Participate in team efforts to standardize process.
• Provide general hands-on demonstrations of common process.
• Provide technical expertise at client meetings to interpret / understand client requirements.
• Assist with data file analysis.
Project and Data Management (10%)
• Participate in special projects and project management duties as needed.
• Frequently work on client onboarding projects.
• Collaboration with clients in both the sales and solution stages.
• Contribute to the upkeep and consistency of internal documentation related to issues, resolutions, usage topics, and training.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 5 + years of document composition experience including Quadient Inspire
• 1 + years of software development experience
• Inspire Ignite, Fusion Pro, Messagepoint, Marcom Central, ExStream Dialogue, E-Z Letter, TSS, Business Objects/Firstlogic, BCC, or Group 1 experience a plus
• Positive and consultative demeanor with strong work ethic and the ability to interact with technical and non-technical resources using excellent written and verbal communications
• Excellent follow-up and customer service skills
• Must be open to possible off-hour on-call support in the future
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires extensive work using a computer. Responsibilities may require occasional evening and weekend work in response to client time requirements.