Technical Manager - Nights
This role is responsible for 2nd & 4th shifts
Hours are typically Mon-Fri, and some Sat, 4pm - 2am
The Technical Manager is a key member of the management team reporting to the Senior Technical and Facility Manager. This position will provide direct supervision to the technical teams on a 24/7 basis. This position is responsible for ensuring our manufacturing equipment is well maintained and repairs are completed promptly and efficiently, minimizing downtime.
- Manage a team of Technicians and Technical Leads across all shifts
• Equipment maintenance and repair
• Facility maintenance and repair
• Adherence to OSHA policies
• Safety and quality standards
• Maintenance planning
• Job priorities
• Timely execution of assigned tasks
• Equipment vendors
Additional responsibilities include:
• Scheduling of PM's, shifts and spare parts.
• Report on daily / weekly / monthly on issues, down time, cost and resources, labor and PTO.
The Digital Tech Manager will be a part of the lab management team and will have additional responsibility to assist and backup Operations management when needed.
• 6 + years job related experience with supervising over direct reports
• Experience managing in a 24/7 environment
• Need to have thorough experience in technical maintenance of light manufacturing equipment. Press, bindery or photofinishing is a plus.
• Thorough understanding of quality assurance, chemical handling and safety standards
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and coordinate multiple priorities in a changing environment and developed effective solutions.
• Ability to write PM's and document needed procedures and practices
• Documentation and procedure writing skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and systems a plus