Business Strategy & Operations Manager
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, quantitative, and action-oriented Business Strategy & Operations Manager to conduct competitive analysis, define and drive pricing strategies, forecast revenue, develop and manage budgets, and analyze business performance for Shutterfly’s Cards & Stationery team, which manage both the Shutterfly and Tiny Prints brands.
The Manager, Business Strategy & Operations will have the unique opportunity to be a part of the General Management group that leads a cross-functional team including product management, merchandising, design and marketing to execute against the business plan. This role requires a strong and collaborative individual who is detail-oriented, capable of doing competitive analysis across the web, pulling insights from data, translating these insights into actionable recommendations, and working cross-functionally to drive successful execution.
- Financial Forecasting – Support GM in development of annual and quarterly revenue and unit forecasting for new products and categories.
- Performance Analysis – Analyze business performance of Cards and Stationery categories and translate into insights and actionable recommendations. Provide ongoing and ad hoc analytical support.
- Pricing Analysis – Conduct competitive analysis, understand costs, promotional strategies and margin requirements to recommend prices for all new products.
- Market, Competitive and Customer Research and Analysis – Independently, and in partnership with our customer research team, perform various competitive/market/customer intelligence analyses, and identify and assess emerging trends and opportunities related to pricing, promotions, products, site content, customer service, operations, etc. Effectively communicate findings into actionable recommendations.
- New Product Launch Execution – Partner with New Product launch team to ensure successful launch of new Cards and Stationery products, including approving raw material costs, updating forecasts and elevating trade-off decisions to General Manager of Cards and Stationery.
- BA/BS required with a strong quantitative / analytical background
- MBA preferred or 5-7 years equivalent work experience in Marketing, Merchandise Planning, Finance or Consulting.
- Excellent business acumen
- Passionately analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to collaborate actively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
- Proactive, energetic, motivated, dynamic, creative team player with results orientation
- Power user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in e-commerce and/or consumer goods a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Omniture or other web reporting and analytics tools a plus, but not required