Executive Assistant, President, Shutterfly Enterprise
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) is looking for an executive assistant to join our company and work hand-in-hand supporting our President, Shutterfly Enterprise. This is a high-visibility position marked by interaction with a broad range of internal and external, high-level professionals, including various enterprise client executives and Shutterfly, Inc. employees and executives.
Candidates must be highly motivated and have: exceptional written and verbal communication skills, solid judgment, discretion in dealing with confidential information and sensitive materials in a public company setting, forward-looking thinker with recognized problem-solving abilities, successful experience working with enterprise customers, a proven track record of excelling in a self-directed work environment, and evidence of continuing professional development.
The ideal candidate will be an intelligent team player – someone with a positive, innovative and professional attitude who explores the better way of doing things and takes on a “sleeves-rolled-up” and a “can-do” approach when faced with challenges – a good ambassador for the office of the President, Shutterfly Enterprise and the organization, both internally and externally.
- Work closely and effectively with the executive to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and follow up as appropriate. Act as a barometer having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the executive updated.
- Broad variety of administrative tasks, including: managing an active calendar of complex appointments; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and completing expense reports.
- Process purchase orders, invoices and check request submissions.
- Confidence to interrupt meetings in progress in order to help the executives adhere to their daily schedules.
- Review and screen communications, and make independent decisions regarding levels of priority.
- Competence in creating, designing, editing and assisting management with the preparation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Understand and facilitate relationship-building with enterprise customer executives, with peers, and across the Enterprise organization and company in the context of the Shutterfly culture and values
- Review operating practices regularly and adopt improvements where appropriate.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between colleagues to support planning for meetings, offsites, events and projects.
- Partner with EA team to manage logistics for the monthly senior staff, quarterly all-hands meetings and other events.
- Undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required, and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner.
- 5-10+ years of progressively responsible experience as an executive assistant, preferably with a solid track record of providing administrative support for executive leaders in an Enterprise business.
- Strong organizational skills that reflects the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Embraces relevant technology and actively improves his/her skills through informal and formal learning.
- Handle sensitive business and people issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Must enjoy the administrative challenges of working with a diverse range of people and projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant qualifications such as Certified Administrative Professional® (CAP®), Professional Administrative Certificate of Excellence® (PACE®), Certified Executive Administrative Professional® (CEAP®), or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) designation preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 2010 skills is required, Microsoft Office 2013 preferred; Google Apps for Work, Oracle, Jive and Workday a plus