Technical Project Coordinator - Contractor
Within Shutterfly Engineering, the Program Management Office (PMO) is the team that provides program management services to key engineering initiatives, including scrum masters as necessary. It is the authoritative source for best practices, standards, guidance and metrics on the practice and execution of Agile project and program management. The ideal candidate should have a proven background using the Agile methodology within project and program management supporting technology, architect and services teams. In addition, this position will require strong analytical skills as we are a data driven team. Knowledge of database queries and excel / data manipulation skills will be strongly preferred
Shutterfly is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator who will be in charge of assisting our Project Managers in organizing our ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Project Management tools, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. A bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least three (3) years of relevant experience is required for consideration.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
Project Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in business or related field of study.
- Three years experience in related field.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency with Project management tools such as JIRA, Smartsheets, GoogleDocs, Teams, Slack.
- Basic Technical knowledge and experience with Cloud technologies are a plus.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.