At Shutterfly, Inc., our purpose is to help share life’s joy as the leading retailer and manufacturing platform for personalized products. Founded in 1999, Shutterfly brings your photos to life through our flagship Shutterfly products, premium offerings in the Tiny Prints boutique, as well as wedding invitations and stationery for every step of the planning process; and through Borrow Lenses, the premier online marketplace for photographic and video equipment rentals. We also operate Shutterfly Business Solutions, delivering high quality digital printing services to the enterprise market, and Lifetouch, the leader in school photography. Together, we are Shutterfly, Inc.
The Tableau Developer will blend data visualization skill with a strong report and dashboard development background and a keen business sense to help develop leading-edge metrics reporting solutions for the Information Security team.
Responsibilities: The candidate will:
- Translate business needs to technical specifications.
- Design, develop and maintain reporting and business intelligence solutions using Tableau reporting software while leveraging visualization best practices.
- Source data profiling and analysis.
- Develop Tableau data sources through SQL queries, native connectors, cross database joins and data blending.
- Conduct data validation and quality assurance of BI visualizations.
- Manage source data connections and scheduled data extracts.
- Troubleshoot, track, and resolve day-to-day issues
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- Advanced Tableau user with strong experience in visualization and developing highly performant dashboards/reports.
- 3+ years’ experience with Tableau 10.5 and higher.
- Possess strong data modeling skillset and background.
- Strong knowledge of SQL queries and understanding of data warehousing concepts.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash, PHP, etc.)
- Detail oriented with ability to independently validate / triangulate data and analysis.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take direction and work independently.
- Excellent English writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be extremely flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities on very tight deadlines
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment. Passion for excellence and continuous improvement
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with Information Security and Technology data, dashboards, and reporting.