Junior Designer, Internal Design Team - Contractor
Shutterfly is seeking a Junior Designer, Contractor to assist with cards + stationery builds on our internal design team. In this role, you’ll work closely with the art director + design team to execute file builds for cards + stationery on the Shutterfly site.
You’ll be collaborating with the design team. You will need to focus on various collections, solving problems quickly and efficiently, and maintaining a poised demeanor throughout the design process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Design of card build outs (layout + form factor builds) for cards + stationery for a variety of occasions. Extremely strong layout + typography + illustration skills essential.
You will work with the design teams to get cards + stationery collections designed + produced. You need to be proactive in managing time lines and workload.
Tech savvy, curious and a desire to learn new techniques, programs or software.
- 1-3 years experience in graphic design; stationery + packaging design a plus.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating skills. Strong layout + typography skills essential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extremely proficient in Adobe suite, especially IIllustrator + Photoshop.
- Tech savvy and not afraid to learn new techinques, programs or software.
- Ability to work independently to generate layout and form factor builds for the cards + stationery team. You will work under tight deadlines while also collaborating with the design team and cross functional partners.
- Enjoy working collaboratively with a team of designers and cross functional partners.
- Ability to operate in a high pressure timeline + workload. Flexible + adaptable to change in business requests and able to provide smart solutions to design changes in a short time frame.
- Knowledge and appreciation of photography.