The EHS Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Shutterfly Environmental Health and Safety programs and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain site occupational health, safety, and environmental programs and policies ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Support standardization of EHS programs and policies across all Shutterfly locations.
- Manage full-time and seasonal direct reports.
- Manage and partner with facility management in conducting job hazard analysis and equipment risk assessments for site operations.
- Promote continuous improvement by utilizing statistical process control, root cause analysis and preventive action planning.
- Coordinate trend analysis reporting and provide corrective action support and/or solutions.
- Present planned and ongoing projects, and risk review summary reports weekly for the leadership team.
- Manage the incident investigation program and provide direction and support to site management throughout the investigation process.
- Manage required EHS facility training for all departments.
- Assist in monitoring contractors and construction activities to ensure safe work practices are being followed.
- Chair the monthly facility safety committee(s).
- Coordinate site emergency response activities and training.
- Manage facility Workers’ Compensation program.
- Support insurer loss prevention activities, and drive implementation of corrective action solutions for insurer loss control recommendations.
- Partner with employee staffing resources for EHS department training requirements.
- Support site projects and other Shutterfly locations as needed.
- Retain and coordinate with external consultants as required.
- Recommend modifications to operations policies.
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
Skills and Attributes:
- Well versed of current OSHA, EPA, NFPA, and ANSI standards and requirements
- Proven management of comprehensive Safety and Environmental programs within a large scale manufacturing facility with 500-1000+ employees
- Management of direct reports
- Experience with contracted temporary and seasonal labor
- Possess professional written and verbal communication skills both internally and externally.
- Strong public speaking skills when presenting to both small and large groups, including Senior Leadership
- Experience working with construction / contractors in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Able to drive and lead change within the organization
- Strong understanding of root cause problem solving, incident investigation processes, ergonomic analysis, job safety analysis, and equipment risk analysis
- Behavioral Based Safety methodology experience
- Forward thinking leader with demonstrated background in driving positive change
- Analytical, excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience is a must, including the ability to operate under pressure and to meet deadlines within time and budget constraints.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health and Safety Management, Safety Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of management experience in the Environmental Health and Safety field within the manufacturing environment, preferably in the Commercial Print or Packaging industry.
- CSP or CIH is a plus
- Green Belt certification or Lean Expertise is a plus
- Advanced working knowledge and application of various software applications including Microsoft Office
- Experience from a multi-unit, domestic or international company.