Equipment Technician - All Shifts!
1st - Mon-Wed: 5 am - 5 pm + every other Thurs (WEEKDAY – DAYS)
2nd - Mon-Wed: 5 pm - 5 am + every other Thurs (WEEKDAY – NIGHTS)
3rd - Fri-Sun: 5 am - 5 pm + every other Thurs (WEEKEND – DAYS)
4th - Fri-Sun: 5 pm - 5 am + every other Thurs (WEEKEND – NIGHTS)
Shutterfly Inc. has arrived in Plano! We are excited to continue hiring for our brand new, state of the art production facility in Plano, Texas, that we opened in January 2020.
Reasons to join our Shutterfly team in Plano:
- Career development & on-the-job training
- COVID-19 Preparedness Plan & Safety Training
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Competitive hourly pay and shift differentials for most shifts
- Overtime during peak seasons
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off and 12 Paid Holidays
- Clean, climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
Understand the capabilities of the machine to achieve optimum print quality.
Meet the daily, weekly and monthly service repair need of equipment optimizing customer satisfaction through service excellence.
Work directly with internal customers to keep the equipment up and running at maximum peak efficiency.
Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve any equipment issues.
Install hardware and perform needed equipment updates and upgrades.
Escalate unresolved issues in a timely manner to minimize equipment downtime.
Position yourself to serve as the main point of contact in all equipment interactions to enable production goals to be effectively met.
Anticipate and understand opportunities for optimizing printing operation and customer satisfaction.
Perform routine scheduled preventative maintenance according to procedures.
• Ability to follow written instructions.
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn new things.
• Awareness that every press is different and the ability to optimize press operation in a unique environment.
• Expert knowledge on the general and technical aspects of high-end digital printing operation.
•Mechanical aptitude and skills to perform adjustments and maintenance on mechanical systems, troubleshooting and worn components replacement.
•Electrical expertise in high voltage electrical safety procedures, detailed understanding of Lock Out/ Tag Out procedures.
•Experience and ability to determine the voltage of exposed energized parts and identification of hazards
•Proficient in Electronics, including reading schematic drawings, wiring, PCBs and component level troubleshooting
• Qualified in pneumatics, including deep understanding and troubleshoot/repair skills of pneumatic systems and corresponding component failures
• Comfortable with documentation of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, software, maintenance and repair procedures
• Experienced with systems administration (e.g. Windows and/or Linux environment).
• Knowledgeable in Operating Systems management, maintenance of User access, control management and security role administration
• Understand basic theory of TCP/IP and Ethernet networking
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain a clean and orderly work environment (5S).
• A methodical "procedure-oriented" approach to tasks.
• An affinity for detail for quality control purposes.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Associates Degree or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate.
5+ years (Additional years of experience will be reviewed for a lesser degree beyond the minimum requirement of a High School Diploma or GED.
Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas a plus.
Courses in chemistry, electronics, color theory, are desired.
Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing.
An understanding of prepress functions.
Experience in operating mechanical/ electromechanical equipment.
Experience in basic computer operation.