Executive Assistant, President of Consumer
This role is for an Executive Assistant for the President of Consumer at Shutterfly. This is a high-visibility position marked by interaction with a broad range of internal and external, high-level professionals, including various Shutterfly, Inc. employees and executives.
Candidates must have experience supporting high level executive. S/he will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines; screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources; and organize and maintain administrative processes. Must have: exceptional written and verbal communication skills; excellent information organization skills, good judgment; discretion in dealing with confidential information and sensitive materials; forward-looking thinker with recognized problem-solving abilities; and evidence of continuing professional development.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, very organized, possess strong multi-tasking skills and support cross-functional coordination in a fast-paced environment.
- Execute a broad variety of administrative tasks, including: managing an active calendar of complex appointments; arranging detailed domestic and international travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; completing expense reports; budget management; organization of information (digital and paper), creation of organizational charts, and processing purchase orders and invoices.
- This person is the face to the organization for the executive and needs to be able to work across Shutterfly on behalf of the leader and must possess strong executive presence.
- Ability to anticipate the executive needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing issues.
- Provide support in the preparation for meetings including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items and drafting the agenda.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between colleagues to support planning for meetings, off sites, events and projects.
- Undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required, including ensuring executive’s home and life balance by coordination with family calendar.
- Plan and organize team social and development events and manage activities within a budget.
- Review operating practices regularly and adopt improvements where appropriate.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience as an executive assistant, preferably with a senior level executive.
- Must enjoy the administrative challenges of working with a diverse range of people and projects.
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to openly discuss and balance workload, and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrated ability to perform calmly under pressure.
- Social personality with a genuine desire to connect with the entire team and enjoy the role of contributing to marketing team’s fun environment.
- Exceptional ethical standards, humility, empathy, sense of humor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Handle sensitive business and people issues with tact and diplomacy.
- As time permits, provide light support 2-3 leaders reporting to the President.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Assoc. Bachelors or relevant qualifications such as Certified Administrative Professional® (CAP®), Professional Administrative Certificate of Excellence® (PACE®), Certified Executive Administrative Professional® (CEAP®), or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) designation preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills are required including Visio (or some other org chart software); Oracle and Workday and MS Project a plus.