Software Quality Engineering Intern
Shutterfly is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer Intern who is analytical, savvy, and possess excellent communication skills, to be a part of the product testing team. As a QA Engineer Intern, you will work alongside our team of engineers to develop new features and provide a world-class user experience for our customers. This is a 12 week Summer 2019 internship based in Redwood City, CA.
- Actively participates in agile meetings with product and program management and engineering.
- Designs, maintains and executes test suites that are stored in the Rally repository.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by finding bugs, defects and verifying fixes.
- Reports defects clearly in the Jira defect tracking system.
- Design and develop automated tests (Client and Service layer) on your own.
- Provide valuable user feedback while testing Shutterfly applications.
- Proactively participate in maintaining team standards and best practices.
- Communicate technical concepts/issues clearly to colleagues and review documents for technical content and accuracy.
- Pursuing BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Passionate about QA. Previous QA experience is a big plus.
- Good Java programming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter in a collaborative, self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Prior experience with agile development methodologies.
- Prior experience with automation testing tools like Selenium, Watir, Cucumber.
- Prior experience with service level automation testing using RestAssured or SoapUI.