Machine Operator Level 3 - Weekday Nights
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share life’s joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos. Our manufacturing teams work in state-of-the-art facilities to produce these products that delight our customers.
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Shutterfly!!!!
- Career with on-the-job training and development
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Competitive hourly pay and overtime during peak production
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off. (i.e.…paid vacation!)
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
- Too many additional reasons to list
- Proficient operator of key equipment with a minimum of 3 years OR equivalent experience
- Experience in operating mechanical/electromechanically equipment
- Maintenance background/experience preferred
- Equipment trouble shooting experience
- Solid computer operation and knowledge to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing
- An understanding of prepress functions
- Operator is responsible for creating a predictable process through:
- Ensuring that each job is properly set up
- Correctly performing preventative maintenance routines
- Performing routine printing procedures, most of which require specific skills and aptitudes
- Inspecting for adherence to procedures using, visual discrimination, print quality analysis, and judgment to maintain high print quality output.
- Recognizing when routine adjustments are necessary and identifying errors at the earliest possible stage to minimize production rework
- Owns equipment in your department; provides tech support, performs pit stops and preventative maintenance by meeting daily, weekly and monthly service repair needs of equipment, optimizing customer satisfaction through service excellence
- Act as a trainer for other operators on equipment and ensure JSA’s are accurate and up to date
- Able to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve equipment issues
- Performs adjustments accurately, efficiently, and according to procedures in effort to minimize unexpected downtime and next level maintenance calls.
- Can demonstrate the ability to collaborate with others, cross-functionally and act as a mentor on the team
- Able to fill in for a Lead and communicate across shifts. Can support most lead functions and step in when needed
- Can be an escalation for critical equipment & decision-making needs. Continually working on professional development.
- Maintains workflow efficiency by evaluating processes at each stage of production with the ability to exceed daily production goals
- Understands proper handling of consumables
- Safety orientated and leads by example by following and enforcing all facility and department safety rules.
- Willing to participate on either an EHS Committee or CI Committee.
- Maintains a good professional relationship with all associates, Leads, Shift Managers, Technicians
- Promptly reports errors and roadblocks to the Shift Manger and / or Technical staff
- Keeps the Shift Manager informed as to actual versus goal throughout the shift
2nd Shift Hours:
Mon-Wed: 4 pm - 4 am
Thurs, 4pm - 4am (every other week)
Flexibility with hours required, as work during other hours/shifts may be needed
- Experience with high volume repetitive manufacturing
- Ability to match or detect subtle differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- Mechanical aptitude and skills to perform adjustments and maintenance on mechanical systems
- Ability to understand documentation of maintenance and repair procedures
- Good organizational skills
- Understanding of the use of common hand tools, good manual dexterity
- A methodical “procedure-oriented” approach to tasks
- An affinity for detail for quality control purposes
- Experience working with high voltage equipment (480V)
- Has a general understanding of some or all the following: Pneumatics, Mechanical, PLC, ACDC Drives, Multimeter basics, Basic Electricity & Electronics, Lock Out Tag Out, Arc Flash.
- Able to stand for long periods of time; lift, up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to include record keeping, electronic, and personal
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new things
- Able to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Must be dependable, reliable and have a good work ethic
- Flexible on work schedule
- High School or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas