Shutterfly is recruiting for an experienced and motivated Director of Accounting to join our Accounting team located in Tempe, AZ or Eden Prairie, MN office. This is a high-value position that requires a strong level of accounting knowledge, professionalism, and leadership. The Director will be directly responsible for leading the Fixed Asset and Lease Accounting teams. This position is also being configured to create bandwidth for managing/championing various special projects for the Controller’s Organization. The Director will work cooperatively with all levels of the business including engineering, operations, FP&A, tax, treasury, and external auditors. This individual will be responsible for ensuring GAAP compliance in areas of responsibility. This position will mentor and manage a team of direct reports and will report directly to the Senior Director, Corporate Controller.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of the Fixed Asset and Lease accounting teams.
- Coordinate and lead special projects as needed for the controllership team.
- Review, prepare and analyze accounting transactions, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and provide variance explanations.
- Oversee implementations of effective financial data processing through automation and elimination of redundant tasks.
- Identify process improvement initiatives and define standards for new processes.
- Provide accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff; respond to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Ensure GAAP and SOX compliance in areas of responsibility.
- Manage internal and external relationships effectively.
- Assist in monitoring workload, train and evaluate staff, and hold employees accountable for performance and accuracy.
- Ensure team members acquire necessary skills and performance attributes, in line with business and personal development needs. Motivate and reward employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in accounting required
- CPA preferred
- Public Accounting Experience Preferred
- Familiarity with ASC 842
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting with people management experience required
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Must have large ERP system experience, SAP S4 Hana preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning, project management, and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong follow through skills to ensure issues are resolved timely
- Self-motivated to establish world class practices
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency and be able to perform in a fast-paced, complex environment.