Human Resources Representative
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company within a top industry, where the HR team is respected and is part of the business strategy! This position reports directly to the HR Manager working in a service environment at our office in Plano, TX. The primary focus of this role is to offer support to both exempt and non-exempt population.
You will be responsible for supporting and assisting as needed on the day to day HR transactional activities. assisting with new hire orientation, coordinating HR activities and events, health & safety programs, and supporting our HR policies, filing, completing HR procedures and processes for the Plano operation and other HR generalist activities, including employee relations investigations, under the guidance of the Senior HR Manager. The role is also responsible for partnering with the Senior HR Manager on projects such as: coordinating employee events, monthly all employee meetings, appreciation meals and other facility activities.
• Administer HR policies and procedures, and ensure that they are being consistently administers across the organization
• Under the guidance of the Senior HR Manager, communicate with employees regarding questions using fair and consistent application of the policies
• Interface with temporary agency for seasonal associates needing assistance and escalate issues as appropriate
• Handle all day to day administrative activities regarding employee changes, hires, E-Verify, leaves of absence, and payroll
• Coordinate all employee events and activities including site wide meetings and meals
• Coordinate benefits program questions or provide information and resources to employees as needed
• Coordinate and partner with other HR team members for HR activities needing local support such as on-site interviews, holiday programs, training or other events
• Effectively manage filing to be compliant with internal policies and state and federal requirements
• Conduct new hire orientation and exit interviews for employees and maintain an ongoing summary of the reasons employees are leaving to identify trends and issues that should be brought to management's attention
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business, including new college graduates
• Prior HR experience required; PHR/CP certification preferred
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Experience with employee relations and experience with employment law
• Experience with supporting a seasonal work force or temporary associates
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility to work in multiple locations as needed
Strong computer skills including Windows-based programs such as Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook is required. Experience with workforce management systems a plus (Workday, SAP).