Lead Software Engineer .Net
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share life’s joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos. The Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) division is looking for a stellar Lead Software Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ.
What is Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS)?
Approximately $200M in annual business and the fastest growing segment at Shutterfly which gives it a start – up feel within our successful business
Drive the sell, creation and implementation of enterprise printing solutions.
When a leading healthcare provider needs to communicate by print with its 115+ million customers, they contact us!
Each communication is unique; therefore, each creation, development and implementation are different.
Every day brings a new opportunity to be creative, passionate and impactful!
What more should you know? As a team, our beliefs are …
Delight our Customers
Can Do! and Ownership Mindset
Pragmatic approach to software development
Passion for technology
Commitment to incremental delivery
Thrive in a fast growth environment
• Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment utilizing .NET Stack
• Assist Technology Manager with TRD (Technical Requirements Definition) Process
• Work with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks.
• Work with development teams (onsite/offsite, vendor) to plan releases and ensure the team delivers on the committed plan
• Partner with SBS platform team to build and utilize core platform capabilities
• Collaborate with core SBS teams on shared services such as Infrastructure, Security and Operations
• Perform performance and scalability analysis as needed
• Manage and mentor development resources
• 8+ years overall software development experience, last 5 years hands-on experience in .NET Stack (C#, SQL, MVC, WCF, ASP.NET, VB.NET, TFS, Design Patterns)
• 2+ years experience leading a development team
• Strong experience developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services and deep understanding of server-side and middle-tier technologies, relational databases/SQL
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Agile SDLC processes (Kanban/XP)
• Micro services and Distributed architectures
• Experience working with Vendor Software Development Teams
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Strong customer focus and owner mindset
• Proven track record of delivering high quality Software Products