Equipment Technician - Multiple Shifts Available!
Shutterfly’s purpose is to help share life’s joy! We are building a state of the art manufacturing facility in Plano and are hiring over 300 manufacturing professionals in the coming months. Our manufacturing teams are critical to our success to “Delight Our Customers”.
Multiple Shifts. All Levels. Apply Now.
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Shutterfly!!!!
- Career with on-the-job training and development
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Competitive hourly pay and overtime during peak production
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off. (i.e.…paid vacation!)
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
- Too many additional reasons to list
• Maintain and optimize the performance and utilization of the equipment
• Understand the capabilities of the machine to achieve optimum print quality
• Meet the daily, weekly and monthly service repair need of equipment optimizing customer satisfaction through service excellence
• Work directly with internal customers to keep the equipment up and running at maximum peak efficiency
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve any equipment issues
• Install hardware and perform needed equipment updates and upgrades
• Escalate unresolved issues in a timely manner to minimize equipment downtime
• Position yourself to serve as the main point of contact in all equipment interactions to enable production goals to be effectively met
• Anticipate and understand opportunities for optimizing printing operation and customer satisfaction
• Perform routine scheduled preventative maintenance according to procedures
• Must have an open positive and productive relationship with the production team
• Must be able to be flexible and work alternate shifts when needed
Key Skills and Experience
• Ability to follow written instructions
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn new things
• Mechanical aptitude and skills to perform adjustments and maintenance on mechanical systems, troubleshooting and worn components replacement
• Understanding of Lock Out/ Tag-out procedures
• The ability to determine the voltage of energized parts and identification of hazards
• Proficient in basic component level troubleshooting
• Ability to understand documentation of maintenance and repair procedures
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to maintain a clean and orderly work environment (5S)
• A methodical "procedure-oriented" approach to tasks
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Participation in projects during off-peak to improve procedures and efficiency of any tasks in your department
• 2+ years Equipment troubleshooting experience
• High School Diploma or GED
• Basic computer operation
• Able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
• HIPPA knowledge is desired