This position has responsibility for all production departments in our Shakopee facility and oversees all operations to obtain maximum efficiency, improve quality and reduce costs wherever necessary. This position requires a person who can balance day-to-day plant operations including the implementation of new products while also helping drive the company’s lean improvement effort. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining a high performance culture. This position will direct all needs in supporting company objectives and will report to the Director of Manufacturing.
As a Manufacturing Manager you will be responsible for managing operation’s schedules based on product forecasting, equipment efficiency, and materials supply in order to meet customer requirements. Coordinates operational activities with other functional groups such as planning and distribution. Develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function. Organizes all direct/indirect labor planning. Manage and product quality strategies, internal processes, and metrics to improve the overall results of the company.
A positive win-win approach, involving internal and external stakeholders, will be necessary to accomplish the mission in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction and establish effective communication with employees and clients.
- Successful experience in the development and implementation of strategic plans.
- This position plays a key role in creating a work environment that fosters pride and commitment as well as promoting personal growth for all team members.
- Analyze production operations and determine changes in production procedures.
- Provide advisement on capital improvements needed to increase company productivity.
- Lead by example and create an atmosphere of accountability in the workplace.
- Effective collaboration with employee teams, other manufacturing facilities as well as customers and sales to achieve company business and cultural objectives. Interact closely with other departments outside of operations (Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, Product Development)
- Lead the plant operational improvement efforts with clear goals for improving on-time delivery, productivity, and inventory levels.
- Develops or revises standard operational procedures (SOP) and work practices to ensure flawless compliance with established procedures.
- Take necessary action to manage profit and loss for all production business lines.
- Attracting and developing subordinates to improve the overall performance of the organization.
- Ability to earn respect and work as a team player with all employees, as well as be a leader and effectively develop teams.
- Plant performance measurements and reporting
- Labor planning
- Quality of service
- Overall Safety in all areas such as processing and behavioral and adherence to OSHA policies and standards
- Overseeing multiple shifts
- Developing the team
- Responsible for creating and adhering to the budget and P&L
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Experience working in a world class digital print company required.
- 5+ years working in commercial print operations
- 10+ years in printing and bindery required.
- Knowledge of HP Digital Press, Xerox Digital Press, Muller Martini Bookbinding & Heidelberg folding equipment a plus
- Knowledge and experience in the application and management of budgeting, financial measurement and analysis systems.
- Must be innovative, customer focused and possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and ISO required.
- Prefer demonstrated success at the production manager level.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field or equivalent demonstrated work experience required.
- Able to define and execute quality processes in a high volume, fast paced manufacturing environment
- 10+ years job related experience with supervising 25+ direct reports/ multiple shifts
- Ability to see bigger picture
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally; i.e. check email, meetings, interaction
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Ability to write operation reports
- Documentation and procedure writing skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and MRP systems also a plus
- Project Management experience
- Training or Educational activity experience