Sr. Director of Product Strategy and Operations
As Senior Director of Product Strategy and Operations, your mission will be to catalyze and enable the Product-UX team to operate at high levels of performance and reach full potential as a world-class function. This newly created role will be a key member of the Consumer Product leadership team, responsible for creating, managing, and improving team-wide operating mechanisms, processes, tools, and systems.
- Drive Roadmap Planning (3-year/Annual/Quarterly)—managing the process to gather, evaluate, and prioritize potential initiatives, and to drive strategic alignment across the organization on what is both above and below the line for investment
- Manage a process for ongoing Roadmap Steering – to help the team assess progress and actively load-balance priorities in response to project status, resources, as well as new insights and needs
- Support the team in moving from being project-focused to outcome-focused. Create a team-wide process for defining and improving KPIs and success metrics for product areas and functions. As necessary, participate/lead opportunity assessment and impact sizing for major initiatives
- Create systems to help our team be customer-centric and insights-driven in our decision making. Work with key x-functional partners (market research, customer service, analytics, user research) to ensure the Product-UX team has a 360° degree view of the customer experience
- Coordinate dissemination of best practices in Product-UX and create programs for team skill-building
Successful candidates are strong leaders with deep knowledge of product management, technology, and demonstrated success in leading large complex projects and processes across teams and organizations. You get excited about building replicable systems and processes – and facilitating others do their best work. You are highly organized with excellent follow-through, have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, and can establish strong, collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders. You are creative and embrace new ideas but are also able to make data-driven decisions and ruthlessly prioritize. You are comfortable saying “No” - but you are respectful and thoughtful when you do so.
At Shutterfly, we hire people who combine smarts with low ego, and who are driven to make their team successful, do the right thing for the business, drive results, and delight customers.
- 10+ years of experience in product or program management, leadership, and/or strategic planning
- Proven capability/experience with roadmap planning and prioritization
- Passionate and deeply knowledgeable about best practice/excellence in product development.
- Extensive expertise with product and business metrics – which matter, how to define, manage, and evolve
- Experience with market research, competitive analysis and testing/experimentation platforms
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written communication. Able to create clear, well-structured memos and presentations
- Excellent verbal communication. Comfortable presenting to senior executives/presenting in large meeting
- Strong analytic and strategic thinking
- Experience creating business plans and developing business/financial models
- BS/BA required. MBA and/or experience in Strategy Consulting and Investment Banking is a big plus
- Technical background, such as a degree in in engineering, computer science or related technical field, is also highly welcome