Senior Manager Merchandising
Sr. Manager, Merchandising- Cards & Stationery
Shutterfly Inc. is looking for a Sr. Manager, Merchandising to lead the C&S Merchandising team. We are looking for the right person to jump in and learn the Cards & Stationery business, develop merchandising strategies and assortments, and drive revenue-driving collections.
This person must be a self-starter, have a passion for design and stationery, and overall product aesthetic and development. Strong analytical skills balanced with a great design eye are essential. Candidates with experience in merchandising/category management at a consumer online company with a design background specific to stationery and gifting are strongly preferred.
The Sr. Manager, Merchandising is responsible for creating and building the merchandising strategies and assortment architecture (buy-plans) that will feed into the cards and stationery product launch roadmap as well as drive the day-to-day execution of all merchandising projects within C&S. The Sr Manager, will provide cross-functional department leadership and partner effectively with Product, Engineering, UX, Product Development, Design, Integrated Marketing, Content, and Creative teams. The position reports directly to the Sr. Director of C&S
- Develop alongside your Business partner, the Merchandising Strategies that support business objectives for the Cards & Stationery business
- Understand the Shutterfly customer motivations. Proactively identify opportunities in the assortment for growth /decline by category based on market trends, the competitive landscape, and historical performance. Incorporate insights into the design strategy and assortment.
- Develop Cards & Stationery Merchandising Briefs to Designers that support Merchandising Strategies and Assortment Plans, leverage the audience and trend briefs provided by the Creative team
- Partner with Internal and External Designers to develop designs & collections that are on-brand and drive revenue
- Present assortment and product learnings in all product and financial meetings
- Own the production launch calendar and all roadmap projects for selected categories
- Build strategic relationships cross-functionally with Engineering, UX, Product, Ecommerce, Content, Production, Marketing, Creative, and Design
- Manage the day-to-day execution of all projects, cross-functional meetings, and product launch requirements
- Manage Direct Reports (Sr Merchants, Associate, and Assistant)
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in retail merchandising; demonstrated success in ecommerce settings & product launches.
- Must have experience working with UX, Engineering, and product teams. Must have experience managing a medium sized team
- Strong eye for design! Graphic Design experience preferred.
- Broad experience partnering with designers and creative in integrated teams and developing efficient processes for feedback and collaboration.
- Must have a track record with business measures, data analysis and translating insights into strategy.
- Organized, used to multi-tasking, and able to meet deadlines with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, public communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed PC/MAC skills; advanced proficiency with Excel, Adobe Creative Suite.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, design or related fields