IT Desktop Engineer
Shutterfly, Inc is seeking an energetic and experienced individual to join our growing Client Engineering team. The Client Engineering team is responsible for understanding how each of the services within our environment work together, as well as ensuring that the overall health of our application and services are maintained.
In addition to maintaining compliance with all of our security policies, the successful candidate is passionate about establishing operationally considered best practices and standards by building the automation and tooling necessary to scale and support a fleet of over 5,000 endpoints. The qualified candidate is a good communicator, team-player and considered a SME for client administration, particularly for MacOS based systems. Whether engineering a solution to address a specific technical hurdle or improving our existing infrastructure and procedures, you are empowered to engage and lead cross-functionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead administration and support for all Shutterfly endpoints on Windows, MacOS and iOS platforms. (deployment, provisioning, software distribution, auditing, etc.).
- Utilize Bigfix, JAMF/Casper to develop new system images and baselines to support operating systems and software releases.
- Build automation and tooling to: meet compliance requirements, alert on problems and auto-remediate issues without end user involvement.
- Develops and implements automated, documented testing procedures and standards.
- Responsible for management of applications and services consumed by the Corporate IT team.
- Partner with the security team to implement security policies and ensure all critical vulnerabilities are patched in a timely manner and all devices are compliant with Shutterfly policies.
- Act as an end user advocate to ensure the endpoints maintain high performance and ease of use.
- Maintain inventory and reporting of all end user computing assets.
- Provide Tier III support and troubleshooting for complex end user computing issues escalated from the Helpdesk. Be the go-to technical resource and mentor for system administrators and Helpdesk team.
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and architectural standards.
- Participates in an on-call rotation for urgent IT technical issues.
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience in a related field.
- 3+ years of experience with IBM Bigfix, JAMF Casper Suite or equivalent experience on a similar endpoint management platform.
- Experience in one or more programming languages relevant to scripting/automation: Python, Bash, PHP, AppleScript, PowerShell.
- Expertise in Active Directory, Group Policy management and role-based security model administration.
- Experience with monitoring and automation tools like Nexthink, Big Panda, Nagios, SolarWinds, etc..
- Experience managing Endpoint Policies (Windows GPOs, Registry Settings, OSX Configuration Profiles or scripts).
- Working knowledge of essential security and networking concepts.
- Proven experience and track record troubleshooting complex Mac and/or Windows problems in an enterprise environment.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: Certified Casper Administrator (CCA), Certified Casper Expert (CCE), Certified JSS Administrator (CJA), Puppet Professional, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), IBM Certified Specialist.