Machine Operation Lead - All Shifts. All Levels. Hiring for January 2020!
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share life’s joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos. Our manufacturing teams work in state-of-the-art facilities to produce these products that delight our customers.
All Shifts. All Levels. Apply Now.
Top 10 Reasons to Work at Shutterfly!!!!
- Career with on-the-job training and development
- Coolest co-workers in town!
- Competitive hourly pay and overtime during peak production
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off. (i.e.…paid vacation!)
- Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
- Casual, relaxed attire
- On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
- Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
- Too many additional reasons to list
- Follows and enforces all facility and department safety rules
- Conducts safety walk-through within the department and facility
- Conducts safety training meetings with associates
- Reports any and all injuries or prohibited activities to manager on a very timely basis
- Understands and communicates all Quality Metrics within the department
- Conducts weekly Quality meetings discussing QA and customer feedback
- Shares any and all quality issues with management, technical staff, and other shifts
- Conducts one on one discussions with associates in reference to specific quality issues
- Understands and communicates all production metrics within the department
- Conducts daily/weekly meetings discussing results and daily plans
- Creates cross-training matrix to show the cross-training needs of the department
- Works with forecast planning and sets goals for the departments
- Understands and executes whatever it takes for on-time fulfillment of all products
- Gets directives and predetermined work assignments from Shift Manager
- Keeps the Shift Manager informed as to actual versus goal throughout the shift
- Promptly report errors and road blocks to the Shift Manger and / or Technical staff
- Maintain a good professional relationship with all associates, Leads, Shift Managers, Technicians
- Assist operators by answering questions and demonstrating operations
- Make recommendations for new procedures
- Review with Shift Manager any personnel needs/issues on a daily basis
- Actively participate in department and 1 on 1 meetings
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Experience with high volume repetitive manufacturing
- Previous Lead Operator experience in manufacturing a plus
- 2 Year Associates Degree preferred
- Solid computer knowledge to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to work at a fast pace while standing
- Detail oriented and has good record keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills to include record keeping, electronic, and personal
- Required to take and pass the Lead level Workkeys assessment.
- Able to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Must be dependable, reliable and have a good work ethic
- Flexible on work schedule
- Able to lift 50 lbs, mobility to crouch, reaches, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Adaptability to change, willingness to learn new jobs