Manufacturing Production Manager
Manufacturing Production Manager
The Production Manager has responsibility, including obtaining maximum efficiency, improve quality and reduce costs wherever necessary for all production departments within a designated shift. This position requires a person who can balance day-to-day plant operations including the implementation of new products while also helping drive the company’s lean improvement efforts. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining a high performance culture. This position will direct all needs in supporting company objectives and will report to the Manufacturing Manager.
• Analyze production operations for the designated shift and determine changes related to staffing and production procedures.
• Ensure overall customer satisfaction and establish effective communication with employees.
• Effective collaboration with employee teams and other shifts to achieve company business and cultural objectives. Interact closely with other departments outside of operations.
• Lead the shift’s operational improvement efforts with clear goals for improving safety records, quality, on-time delivery, productivity, and inventory levels.
• This position plays a key role in creating a work environment that fosters pride and commitment as well as promoting personal growth for all team members.
• Lead by example and create an atmosphere of accountability in the workplace.
• Manage the warehouse responsibilities for inventory, manifest, shipping and receiving during the designated shift.
• Develops or revises standard operational procedures (SOP) and work practices to ensure flawless compliance with established procedures.
• Review and make recommendations to employee documentation including record of conversation documents.
• Partner with other Production Managers to ensure consistency between shifts.
• Attracting and developing subordinates to improve the overall performance of the organization.
• Ability to earn respect and work as a team player with all employees, as well as be a leader and effectively develop teams.
• Labor planning for both daily operations and ramp ups for peak periods.
• Quality of service
• Overall Safety in all areas such as processing and behavioral and adherence to OSHA policies and standards
• Responsible for creating and adhering to the budget and P&L
Skills and Attributes Needed:
• Knowledge and experience in the application and management of budgeting, financial measurement and analysis systems.
• Must be innovative, customer focused and possess strong leadership and communication skills.
• Experience with Lean manufacturing and ISO required.
• Ability to see bigger picture
• Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
• Communicate effectively both internally and externally; i.e. check email, meetings, interaction
• Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
• Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to multitask and set priorities
• Ability to write operation reports
• Documentation and procedure writing skills
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and MRP systems also a plus
• Training or Educational activity experience
• Able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., mobility to crouch, kneel, reach, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms