Sr. QA Engineer 2
The senior QE will test the Shutterfly mobile apps, certify & approve new features and flows and support mobile apps production issues.
He/she will lead the testing effort of a business perspective area, while working with a global team of product managers, developers and quality engineers.
- Test cutting-edge mobile app technology solutions for social exchange and expression.
- Conduct initial manual testing of new features to ensure correct architecture.
- Design test plans, write end to end test cases and explore various analytic tools.
- Use testing tools for code coverage, memory tools, application, database and performance tools.
- Perform API level testing, have good knowledge of sniffers and POSTMAN or equivalent.
- Implement scripts and SQL (/Athena) queries for testing databases, run automated test cases, while understanding the context.
- Communicate QE status effectively and objectively.
- Conduct white box and gray box testing.
- Own and drive software quality assurance lifecycle as part of SCRUM/Agile processes and deliver high quality releases on time.
- Actively participate in agile meetings with product and program management and engineering, sometimes internationally.
- Interact with business product managers to clarify requirements and drive projects to ensure on-time completion.
- Ensure comprehensive test coverage by filing extensive bugs, defects and improvements and verifying their fixes.
- Inform manager in a timely and clear manner regarding progress on tasks and of issues needing immediate remediation or escalation.
- Highly flexible attitude and ability to quickly shift gears when priorities change.
- Maintain high responsiveness and excellent cross team collaboration.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the field of Quality Engineering of agile projects.
- Passionate about QA.
- Knowledge of unit testing, integration testing & functional testing.
- Experience with mobile applications, basic networking & client/server interactions.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Team player attitude with ability to work in a multi-tasking cross-collaborative fast paced environment- proactively driving other people for the common goal. Not a shy person.
- Strong organization and time management skills while working in a rapid software development environment.
- Must be able to identify and learn new technologies quickly.
- Solid Java programming skills. written automated tests in Selenium/Appium.
- Prior experience with RestAssured, HTTP Client/Jersey Client, JSON object parsers, mock frameworks.
- Prior experience with load and performance testing.
Solid experience as a mobile QA engineer, working on iOS/Android.