Senior Manager, UX Design
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) develops and executes enterprise targeted marketing programs, providing customer-focused messaging and reach. Our team leverages large print production capability, marketing services experience, and content marketing operations platforms to help enterprises distribute automated, variable content across print, web, email and mobile campaigns.
We are looking for a passionate UX Sr. Design Manager who can collaborate with customers, Product Managers and technology development teams on broad, complex problems that require outstanding practical experience and theoretical knowledge of both design and business. We’re looking for a design manager who is as enthusiastic about managing design talent as they are about engaging in the design process itself, a working manager who can balance user-centered design principles with business and technical requirements.
The design manager should be able to provide expert evaluation of intangibles as well as create, and guide the creation of, well-crafted design artifacts; someone who will dig in to understand the underlying issues.
The working manager will drive the UX design for a broad range of web-based customer-facing content, composition and workflow automation tools critical to SBS customers’ success. The UX Sr. Design Manager will:
- Collaborate with Customers, Product Management, Business, and Technology Development to conceptualize new products and improve existing solutions
- Create innovative design solutions to solve enterprise and customer problems
- Utilize rapid prototyping methods such as sketching and whiteboarding to convey design concepts to customers, colleagues and cross-functional teams in an efficient manner
- Provide guidance, feedback, coaching, and developmental experiences to the UX team
- Present design solutions to SBS and customer senior management
- Select appropriate UX methodologies and drive solutions for maximum efficiency
- Create, and manage the creation of, user flow and IA diagrams, wireframes, high fidelity design prototypes, specifications, and other UX deliverables
- Evaluate and apply data gathered through user experience research and marketing
- Estimate, plan, and schedule UX team resources
- Proactively learn about Shutterfly’s business, culture and customer segments
- Work with the other members of the design team and the Product Management organization to define and evolve Shutterfly’s design language
- 10+ years experience in UX design, preferably for B2B customers
- Experience managing a design team
- Broad experience designing compelling, user-centered enterprise solutions
- Experience producing high fidelity user flows and building prototypes showing animations and transitions
- Experience with user research methodologies and working closely with user researchers to create delightful user experiences
- Experience translating design ideas to consumable deliverables for engineers
- Knowledge of user experience best-practices
- Passion for bringing innovative, new products to market
- Passion for information architecture and logical organizations
- Excellent knowledge of emerging technologies
- Motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented
- Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience working in an agile environment a plus
- Experience working with Sketch, InVison and Jira a plus
- Bachelors or Masters degree in HCI, Visual Arts, Media Arts & Sciences, Industrial Design, Cognitive Science, or Computer Science
It is expected that the candidate will have a portfolio to review.