Operations Manager, Contact Center
Shutterfly is recruiting for an experienced, motivated operations manager to join our growing Customer Service Operations team. This position will be located in our Fort Mill, SC office and will report to the Director of Customer Service Operations. This is a high-value, high exposure position that is responsible for managing all aspects of the customer service operation, and managing the leadership team to meet financial, performance and quality goals. The operations manager must have the ability to work cross-functionally with other colleagues and work cooperatively with all levels of the business including manufacturing, marketing, engineering, executives, HR in addition to outside relationships with outsource partners and vendors. This position will manage supervisors, team leads and agents. The ideal candidate will have a bias towards action in resolving customer issues and meeting customer needs, finding creative solutions that support our customer care philosophy of providing the highest quality of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides daily leadership and guidance, direction, and motivation to call center staff
• Review and analyze business data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve overall performance of the customer operations team
• Proactively forecast and develop the staffing plan based on business needs utilizing historical business volume trends, promotional activities and customer use patterns
• Manage telephony and data systems
• Actively develop direct reports through coaching, feedback and assignments to ensure their success and to create a highly engaged, productive team.
• Conduct regular team meetings to discuss performance, goals and development
• Provide guidance and coaching to team and set proper performance expectations for team and hold team accountable to meeting these expectations
• Ensure team is adhering to company policies and guidelines consistently and timely; partnering with supervisors or HR as needed to bring issues to resolution
• Provide regular, if not daily internal communication to staff to ensure they have tools and information needed to successfully meet business goals
• Ensure center is adequately equipped with necessary technology, furniture, supplies, etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years Call Center Management experience, preferably within e-commerce or consumer products. Experience should be well-rounded, progressively responsible in call center roles, knowledge and experience
• Excellent communication skills including the demonstrated ability to speak, listen, and write effectively (i.e. strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills).
• College degree preferred. Will consider longer term, position relevant experience in lieu of formal degree
• Demonstrated ability to coach managers or supervisors
• Deep focus on delivering business results
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, comprehend complex business issues and processes
• Thrives in a fast paced team environment
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office products, call center systems and telephony
• Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Flexibility with scheduling and work hours
• Sense of ownership with regard to call center and job responsibilities
• Other requirements which may vary as determined by management.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The following are required in order to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to individuals with disabilities.
• Standing, walking, sitting, speaking and typing
• Working at a desk, using computers, phones and other technology devices
• Using hands for tools and machines requiring manual dexterity and agility
• Good visual and auditory skills
• Vehicle and air travel as needed