Pre-Media Operator - Weekday Evening Shift!
Shutterfly Inc. has arrived in Plano! We are excited to continue hiring for our brand new, state of the art production facility in Plano, Texas, that we opened in January 2020.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Reasons to Work at Shutterfly!!!!
• Career with on-the-job training and development
• Coolest co-workers in town!
• Competitive hourly pay and overtime during peak production
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid Time Off. (i.e.…paid vacation!)
• Climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
• Casual, relaxed attire
• On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
• Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
• Too many additional reasons to list
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, load, and process photographic events received from field photographic operations teams.
- Enhance images thru digital retouching, digital editing, and color correcting activities using various internal and external software applications.
- Enter and correct data when required.
- Use sound judgement, standard work, and problem-solving abilities to meet individual and team safety, quality, delivery, customer service, and productivity goals.
- Utilize event and order specifications, along with submitted images and data to meet Host and Portrait Customer quality and delivery expectations.
- Assist in yearbook prepress cover and page submission proofing and releasing activities.
- This position also provides the opportunity to work in other areas such as the production floor, when available.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Alpha numeric & 10-key keyboard experience.
- Experience with computers
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding
- Must possess English language skills (speak, read, write)
- Effective communication skills
- Basic problem-solving skills and willingness to share continuous improvement ideas
- Demonstrated ability to see color. May need to pass standardized color test.
- Ability to use image enhancement software
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds following ergonomic standards
- Ability to work at the appropriate pace within the production team
- Ability to adapt to various situations, tasks and people
- Ability to adapt to continuous change thru a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and/or knowledge of the production environment.
Physical Requirements (if applicable)
The physical requirements described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties and responsibilities.
When performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment. The employee must be able to frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds.