Senior Financial Analyst
This Senior Financial Analyst position is a key member of the Shutterfly Financial Planning & Analysis team supporting Manufacturing Operations. This role will partner with multiple functions including R&D, Quality, Environmental, Health, & Safety management to budget and forecast operating expenses. This role will also aide in conducting ROIs on operational investments. A successful candidate will be responsible for surfacing and presenting key business insights and recommendations to the Finance team and senior business leadership. Additionally, this person will be highly analytical with the ability to create complex models. This position will be based in Fort Mill, SC and reports directly to the Finance Director - Operations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Business partner with multiple functions including R&D, Quality, Environmental, Health, & Safety management to manage annual operating budgets, quarterly targets and in quarter outlook; as well as surface cost savings opportunities.
- Prepare monthly budget vs actual variance analysis for cost center analysis.
- Prepare and present Operation’s monthly key performance metrics package to leadership team.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis to support key business decisions.
- Support Finance Director’s partnership with Manufacturing R&D team to develop equipment purchase ROIs and make vs buy analysis for new product business cases. After implementation, support actuals analysis on ROI performance.
- Support Corporate FP&A ad hoc requests on cost center spend requests, as needed.
- Collaborating with the Company’s Accounting team on month end close and reporting to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial results.
- Drive close process and reporting improvements with Accounting.
- Work with Corporate Resources, Data Warehouse and Corporate Applications, on tool enhancements for Operations Finance.
Experience & Requirements:
- S. degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related degree
- 3-7 years of financial planning and analysis experience in a large growth company
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to interpret and summarize
data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills; Access skills a plus
- Experience should include reporting responsibilities and analytical projects
- Experience with Oracle ERP, Hyperion and SQL
- Product costing and cost accounting experience preferred
- Supply Chain or Manufacturing plant experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high-growth environment