Sr. Manager, HRBP
At Shutterfly Inc., we believe in driving growth through innovation – and we’re busy doing both across all areas of our business. We are the leading retailer and manufacturing platform for personalized products and communications, and the only company that provides and end-to-end memory solution for families, helping customers capture, preserve and share life’s most important moments. In the Shutterfly Consumer division, our technology platform inspires customers to explore their creative side and share life’s joy as they design photo books, gifts, home décor, holiday cards and stationery on web and mobile, fueled by the more than 50 billion customer images stored in Shutterfly Photos. With the transformational acquisition of Lifetouch in 2018, we help customers capture precious memories with professional photography. And our B2B division, Shutterfly Business Solutions, leverages our manufacturing capabilities as the world’s largest four-color digital printer to provide personalization at scale to key partners in healthcare, tech and retail. Together, we are Shutterfly, Inc.
To support our expanding business, we have added a Sr. Manager, HRBP role to our very talented, collaborative HR team based in Redwood Shores, CA. In this highly visible role you will report to the Director, HRBP, and be a strategic partner to our Marketing, Retail and Corporate Development organizations. You will also be part of agile, cross-functional HR project teams focused on scaling talent practices and strategies in support of Shutterfly’s growth.
We hold our teams to the highest standards for performance, and we also prioritize collaboration and inclusion. As a member of the HR team, you’ll act as a steward for our company’s values, helping drive behaviors that sustain long-term growth while making Shutterfly Inc. a great place to work.
To be in this role you will:
- Draw on your experience and strategic thinking skills to be a thought partner for leaders up to the eStaff level
- Be naturally curious and stay current on evolving business priorities
- Leverage data to support your ideas
- Partner with client groups on org design, employee engagement, talent resourcing and acquisition, compensation strategies, and organizational development
- Be an energy amplifier when collaborating cross-functionally
- Know how to optimize the offerings of HR COEs (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management) to enable business results
- Approach challenges optimistically and creatively
- Stay flexible – One minute you may be setting strategies at a high level then pivoting to deliver in ways that may be tactical. It’s all important work.
- Enjoy developing and coaching talent at all levels
- Build trust and credibility quickly
- Be an empathetic partner when employees come to you with their suggestions, questions, and issues
- Get energy from seeing the direct impact of your work on business results
HR competencies you must have:
- The ability to explore and understand business models, financial metrics and the critical roles each function plays in the overall company success
- Experience using proven frameworks and systems to diagnose an organization and facilitate its next phase of great
- An understanding of both the art and the science of compensation strategies
- Proven success in change leadership including the ability to apply knowledge of employee perspectives, anticipating reactions to planned business decisions, and advising leaders on communications plans
- Experience using performance management best practices to guide managers successfully in assessing performance gaps, defining success, establishing SMART goals, providing feedback, and rewarding results
- A bias for action and speed to execution
- End-to-end knowledge of recruitment best practices process in highly competitive markets so you can be a strong partner to our Talent Acquisition team
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. MA or MBA strongly preferred
- Professional HR certification a plus – SHRM or HRCI
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in HR and proved success as a HRBP in a technology organization required
- Project management experience a plus
- Able to travel domestically, on occasion