Repair Technician 1
The Repair Technician, will be primarily focused on repairing cameras, lenses, and some photographic peripheral devices as needed. Repairs most often include failure diagnosis, disassembly and re-assembly of lenses and camera bodies including the replacement of small parts, internal cleanings etc. These repairs must be documented in our internal database, and continually updated with accurate information. Other responsibilities include providing quotes, answering customer emails, and working with the technical engineering team to assess damage and/or perform quick repairs on a variety of photo/video gear. Solid verbal and written communication skills are required, as this person would be a liaison between BorrowLenses, our repair vendors, customers and other professional contacts. Other tasks/projects may be assigned.
- Perform customer sensor cleanings.
- Perform repairs to tripods and other support gear.
- Perform cosmetic and basic mechanical repairs to all cameras and lenses.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot and test photo/video and support items.
- Understanding of exploded view parts and block diagrams.
RMA Coordination and Administrative Proficiencies:
- Send and Receive/Test RMAs from 3rd party repair vendors
- Ability to communicate issues to 3rd party vendors effectively and coordinate vendor required testing prior to shipment.
- Pull repair log reports and audit logs, following up with vendors / customers as necessary.
- Monitor spare part stock levels and order parts accordingly.
- Customer Orientation.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Interpersonal awareness.
- Attention to detail.
- Conflict management.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience.
- Photography/videography equipment trouble shooting and repair experience.
- Other small electronics repair experience, such as cell phone or similar device repairs.
- Small parts assembly and maintenance.
AS /Certificate or equivalent experience in photography, electronic technology or relevant field desired.