Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Java)
Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the development team to support line of business applications. This position involves at least 80% hands-on development in Java Technologies (Java, REST Services, Spring). The role is a key part of the Two-Pizza Development team that has complete ownership (Cradle to Grave: Dev, QA, Infrastructure, Release, Support, Recruiting) for the assigned application suite.
Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast-paced environment. Ideal role split: Hands-on Development (80%), Application Architecture (10%) and Infrastructure/ Release (10%).
• Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment utilizing Java Stack
• Work with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks.
• Work with development team to plan and deploy production releases
• Participate in design and code reviews across the team and establish best practices
• Provide performance and scalability analysis as needed
• 5+ years hands-on development experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring)
• 4+ years experience developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
• 5+ years development experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
• Deep understanding of server-side and middle-tier technologies
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Experience with Spring Boot
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Agile SDLC processes (Kanban/XP)
• Micro services and Distributed architectures
• NoSQL experience
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Strong customer focus and owner mindset
• Proven track record of delivering high quality Software Product