Software Engineer 2
Shutterfly is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our core development teams that support Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) line of business applications. This position involves at least 90% hands-on development in Java Technologies (Open Source Java, Spring Boot, Angular, MySQL/MongoDB).
SBS Full Stack Software Engineers are key part of the Two-Pizza Development teams that have complete ownership (Cradle to Grave: Dev, QA, Infrastructure, Release, Support, Recruiting) of the assigned application suite.
Candidates must have a pragmatic approach to application architecture and a passion for technology and incremental delivery in a fast-paced environment. Ideal role split: Hands-on Development (80%) and Infrastructure/ Release/Support (20%).
• Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment utilizing Java Stack
• Work with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks
• Work with development team to plan releases and ensure the team delivers on the committed plan
• Partner with SBS platform team to build and utilize core platform capabilities
• Participate in design and code reviews across the team and establish best practices
• 2-4 years hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot)
• Strong experience developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
• Solid understanding of server-side and middle-tier technologies
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing, dynamic environment
• Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude
• Agile SDLC processes (Kanban/XP)
• Micro-services and Distributed architectures
• NoSQL experience, relational databases/SQL
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Strong customer focus and owner mindset
• Proven track record of delivering high quality Software Products