Internal Communications & Events Intern
Our Internal Communications team is currently seeking an undergrad summer intern to join us for 12 weeks. This role is based out of Redwood City, CA.
Employee Recognition Program Research and Program Proposal – Approx. 50%
- Deep dive into software solutions and program recommendations for identifying a new Employee Recognition program for Shutterfly, Inc. employees;
- Blue-sky research for employee recognition programs and software
- Identify top vendors and arrange and attend product demos
- Develop a List of Services, Pros/ Cons and Cost Comparisons between identified top vendors
- Deliver a program recommendation by end of internship program
- Manages within confines of budget
Events & Workplace Services Support – Approx. 40-50%
- Supports logistics for Shutterfly, Inc. events and workplace services; Including;
- Partnering on the development and deployment of a 20th Anniversary “Celebration in a Box” for all Shutterfly locations
- Manage post –event logistics (final communication, evaluation, archive etc.) as needed for events
- Provides on-site support and co-coordination (daily or event based) for Bay Area and Shutterfly Foundation events
- Maintains internal communication vehicles as needed
- Coordinate with executive administrators, human resource managers, and other Shutterfly staff at all professional levels to implement goals and objectives. Effectively interact with clients, outside service providers, to contribute effectively in company events.
- Manages within confines of budget
Misc Internal Communications Program Support- 5-10%
- Supports multiple inboxes, routing support requests as appropriate (You Rock, Company Store, The Pulse, Shutterfly Foundation, Company Events)
- Maintains weekly processing of You Rock report for external vendor
- Compiles monthly You Rock updates to internal business partners
- Researches and solves issues as needed
- Manage Competing Priorities - effectively manages own time and resources to ensure multiple priorities are balanced and managed successfully
- Budget Management - effectively tracks, monitors and manages expenditures against budget
- Project Management Skills - creates a system of implementation that converts strategies into tangible operating results and ensures the optimum utilization of all available resources
- Planning and Organization – knows how to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Verbal and Written Communication - clearly conveys information and ideas through verbal and written communication to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Attention to detail – sets high standards of performance for self in monitoring all facets of a task or project
- Strong Time Management skills, ability to prioritize own Calendar and Time, meet project timelines, deadlines, and deliverables with independence.
- Skilled at soliciting and understanding the employee customer and translating that into a specific and actionable set of requirements and project plan.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with business leaders and stakeholders. Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Track and report status on projects being completed by individuals/teams across various groups. Identify potential issues and rally resources proactively to address.
- Ability to learn quickly, be proactive, and assume ownership for broad tracks of work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Able to lift 25-30 lbs, mobility to crouch, reaches, bend and do repetitive actions with hands and arms
- Due to the nature of special events, this position will occasionally require a flexible schedule and availability during early morning, evening and weekend hours.
- Currently receiving a Bachelors degree