Sr. Manager, Web Engineering
If you like the challenge of working on high volume systems that handle hundreds of millions of dollars annually in eCommerce transactions, this role is for you. This includes the key areas of Store front, Catalog and search. This position is based out of our Redwood City, CA office.
This position involves both technical and managerial responsibilities. You would be managing a group of software development engineers. You would partner closely with product management to ensure that your deliverables meet functional requirements. You would also work closely with senior engineers and architects to leverage and improve the core capabilities of the system.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, MS preferred
- Solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and operating systems
- At least three years of managing a engineering team
- Experience with responsive web design, solid understanding of SOA (Service-oriented architecture)
- Experience in large-scale consumer web site development, and leveraging content delivery networks
- Experience with working in an agile environment.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and debugging skills - ability to dive deep, find your way, and modify a very large code base
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with AWS (SQS, Lambdas, S3) and Kubernetes
- Experience with Caching strategies and cache such as REDIS
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Certified Scrum master
- Experience with NoSQL DBs such as Mongo