Senior Software Engineer 2
As a member of the small but powerful Lifetouch Integration Team (LIT), you will work to bring millions of Lifetouch customers the joy of Shutterfly. As a Software Engineer you will create the applications and services that welcome Lifetouch users to Shutterfly. You will be involved in every aspect of the development lifecycle from conception to implementation to support and reinvention.
- Write code that delights Lifetouch and Shutterfly customers
- Plan, design, implement and support services that meet or exceed customer requirements
- Participate in requirements gathering, refinement and vetting
- Troubleshoot technical issues, identifying the root cause and suggesting corrective action
- Communicate to team members and management on project progress, challenges, opportunities, expected outcomes and recommended improvements/changes to make projects successful
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics or other technical field
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 5+ years writing server side Java code on a Unix/Linux platform
- 2+ years writing REST-full services for web applications
- 1+ year working with AWS
- Many years of getting stuff done with common scripting tools and languages like Perl, Python, Ruby, Go, bash, etc.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices throughout the software development life cycle, including coding standards, source control management, build processes, testing and acceptance practices, deployment mechanisms and operational procedures.
- Experience communicating technical concepts, ideas, designs and implementations to fellow team members, non-technical team members, project and product management, and end users.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics or other technical field
- 5+ years writing Java code using Spring
- 5+ years writing C or C++ code on a Unix/Linux platform
- 2+ years working with AWS including EC2, ECS, S3, Glacier, Route 53, VPC, CloudFront and Lambda
- 2+ years working with Grails, or Spring Boot
- Experience with Single Page Applications
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience planning, designing, and building complex software systems to serve millions of customers
- Experience developing and implementing identity-related solutions including single sign on and social sign in/up.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed development teams