Senior Software Engineer (Java/Spring Boot)
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share life’s joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos. The Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) division is looking for a stellar Senior Full Stack Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ.
What is Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS)?
- Approximately $200M in annual business and the fastest growing segment at Shutterfly which gives it a start – up feel within our successful business
- Drive the sell, creation and implementation of enterprise printing solutions.
- When a leading healthcare provider needs to communicate by print with its 115+ million customers, they contact us!
- Each communication is unique; therefore, each creation, development and implementation are different.
- Every day brings a new opportunity to be creative, passionate and impactful!
What more should you know? As a team, our beliefs are …
- Delight our Customers
- Can Do! and Ownership Mindset
- Pragmatic approach to software development
- Passion for technology
- Commitment to incremental delivery
- Thrive in this fast growth environment
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a key player of the development team that has complete ownership from cradle to grave for the assigned application suite.
How will you make an impact?
- Hands-on development in Java technologies (Open Source Java, Spring Boot, Angular, MySQL) working in a test-driven development environment
- Partner with development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks, plan releases and deliver on commitments
- Participate in design and code reviews across the team to establish best practices
- Inspire and mentor team members
Your success will be because you have…
- 5 years of hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot) and relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- 4 years of developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
- Deep understanding of server-side and middle-tier technologies
- Strong communication and mentoring skills
It is helpful, however not required, to have knowledge and/or experience with...
- Agile SDLC/Kanban/XP processes
- Micro services and Distributed architectures
- Modern technologies such as Java/Angular/DevOps/Cloud/Web
- BS/MS in Computer Science
It this aligns to your career goals, skills and experience, we want to work with you!