Marketing Operations – Technical Manager
The Marketing Operations – Technical Manager will have a strong technical background and heavy experience supporting Marketing organizations. Based on a broad and deep skillset developed by pulling data directly from databases, the ideal candidate will also have intermediate to expert mastery of one or more CRM Multichannel Campaign Development tools and how they are integrated to form cohesive data flow from site to inbox. Audience segmentation, targeting and campaign deployment should come naturally to this user as well as the best practices in identifying the desired recipients of a campaign. Out of the box thinker who can manipulate with data using SQL/Programing to derive desired output to meet business requirements. These concepts should be understood both at the individual campaign level as well as extended longitudinal marketing efforts.
The individual will be expected to work directly with Marketing Strategy to understand their target audience, project timelines, process and business value. He or she will need to be entrepreneurial as they pro-actively seek an understanding of the underlying data model and existing campaign logic. Keep asking questions, questions, and more questions but ideally with progressive complexity! A friendly and outgoing demeanor is also crucial to success.
- 6+ years of experience working in marketing / tech sector.
- Expert proficiency in Teradata
- 4+ years of Salesforce experience.
- Experience with automation studio, journey builder, audience builder, AMPscripting, creation of landing pages within Salesforce / Exact Target.
- Experience with triggering campaigns via API calls.
- Hands on experience with SQL queries executing via various clients.
- Should have worked in medium-large Marketing Operations / CRM teams
- Ability to quickly interpret business requirements into technical language to execute on new/updated strategy and back non-technical terms to explain what has been build or already exists.
- Have created campaigns in Unica IBM, Salesforce or other segmentation software; the more complex the better including: large, multi-wave, multi-segment, multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Experience and knowledge in other digital marketing tools like Responsys, WSA (Watson Campaign Automation) etc.
- Some experience in system integration
- Understand and have experience in planning, segmentation, targeting, execution and analysis of marketing campaigns
- Some experience with enterprise marketing solutions like Tableau.
- Understanding the concepts of A/B testing, holdouts and control groups
- Some experience and knowledge of back end Unix Systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical field