Sr. Manager, Automation
The Sr. Manager, Automation will be leading the team responsible for the overall design, implementation, and optimization of all data driven automation of our APIs and Web services. The goal of this team will be to improve via test automation our time to release for all key components and services of the Shutterfly ecosystem as well as reduce the risk of failure during deployment on all environment (pre-production and production). The immediate focus area of this team will be the expansion and improvement of the current API/Web automation framework and CI system to meet release and operational requirements.
- Strategic Planning & Specification Management (30%)
- Responsible for the management and prioritization of all automation SFLY projects and initiatives from design to implementation.
- Responsible for the timely development and maintenance of most critical automated CI systems and automation frameworks.
- Identify initiatives to increase efficiency of existing frameworks and build systems.
- Automation and DevOps (70%)
- Responsible for management and improvement of test automation for all critical SFLY projects.
- Responsible for developing requirements for customized dashboards and reports to support data analysis by Sr. Management.
- Evaluating current build/CI systems and proposing improvement/optimization.
- Developing standards for common automation framework, building and CI/CD systems through organization.
- Develop and manage cross-functional automation groups and individuals in multiple locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering - Computer Science preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of managerial and automation framework experience.
- Hands-on with all major automation framework (commercial or open-source)
- Mandatory experience with cloud platform. Amazon EC2 certified a plus.
- At least 8 years of experience in client-side and server-side automation frameworks, excellent knowledge of testing tools.
- Demonstrates leadership and has extensive experience in managing people in multiple locations.
- Possesses ability to identify and analyze problems, recommend and implement flexible and creative solutions based on customer needs.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks as projects, ensuring completion to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail on multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent verbal presentation skills.
- Excellent written communications skills and ability to document system procedures in an understandable format.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel.