Senior Business Forecasting Manager
Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated, strategic and action-oriented Business Forecasting Manager to provide analytics and forecasting on a range of business topics, with a focus on optimizing our rental fleet. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. You will report to our Head of Business Operations and work closely with the General Manager, Head of BL Analytics, Shutterfly FP&A, BL Marketing leadership and BL Operations leadership. BorrowLenses operates as an independent business unit within Shutterfly. This position represents a unique opportunity for someone looking to gain significant experience as an analyst for a mid-market business within a leading ecommerce company.
This role is entrepreneurial and cross-functional in nature. As such, you must be exceedingly analytical and possess strong forecasting and analytics skills, be a critical thinker and demonstrate initiative.
You will be equally focused across three primary areas:
- Analyzing our rental fleet to support forecasting demand, optimizing for when to buy, replenish and sell our skus. You will be responsible to build out sophisticated forecasting models to support our gear purchasing cycle – from planning for demand, replenishment through sales of our rental fleet.
- Conducting ad-hoc analytics across the business identify, analyze and model revenue and margin improvement opportunities across BorrowLenses.
- Developing a deep understanding of our business, and supporting the GM in forecasting revenues and expenses, to drive towards revenue and profit goals.
- Effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and financially viable plans
- Analyzing and understanding demand drivers and trends, and then build forecasting tools to predict them, ranging from revenue forecasting through demand planning for optimized inventory levels for BorrowLenses’rental fleetBe a trusted business partner in making business decisions and providing analytical and financial guidance
- Proactively determining risk and opportunities through scenario analysis
- Effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans and be able to think strategically about what data is critical to capture; develop understanding of internal data structures
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis and provide recurring metrics and reports to support business decisions
- Support the GM with forecasting and maintaining the P&L, including revenue forecasting and managing EBITDA
- Passionately quantitative / analytical and detail oriented
- Great thinker on both a strategic and tactical level, who has a strong bias to action
- Effective influencer to help drive key business decisions and initiatives by applying analytics, business frameworks, and thorough critical thinking
- Entrepreneurial with a can-do attitude
- Excellent systems (SQL), financial modeling and analytical skills
- Excellent oral / written communication and interpersonal skills.
- 5-7 years of broad-based, progressive financial analysis and planning experience.
- Experience from Ecommerce or Retail industry desired.
- Experience working in mid-sized or startup businesses as well as larger finance teams is strongly desired.
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment; passion for excellence and continuous improvement.