Warehouse Site Manager
Warehouse site manager, Borrowlenses
Shutterfly is seeking an energetic leader who is passionate about developing people and delivering results to oversee our Borrowlenses site in Waltham. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. Our operations teams are committed to delivering high quality equipment and the best customer experience by continually improving processes and investing in employee talent and growth.
The Waltham Site Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the BorrowLenses day-to-day administrative operations, warehouse operations, use of facilities and related activities for the Waltham, MA site. This position directs, trains, develops and maintains the Receiving, Repair, and Shipping Teams. With their bi-coastal counterpart, the site manager leads strategy for those operational areas, builds and improves department procedures, and holds their teams accountable. The role also works with other departments, including Facilities, EHS, IT, engineering, and HR, to provide a proper working environment at the Waltham office. This person is a resource for everyone at the Waltham site, including direct and indirect reports, and helps people with anything from a benefits question to planning a morale boosting flash dance in the warehouse. The Site Manager reports to the Operations Manager, has three direct reports, and +20 indirect reports.
- Manages the East Coast repair, technician, and shipping teams. Meet regularly with direct reports (team supervisors), attend team meetings, and bi-coastal meetings.
- Provide employee development plans for direct reports
- Act as a resource for all employees on site, including ones outside your org. Direct employees to alternative resources, like HR, as necessary.
- Act as the contact for HR, facilities, security, IT and any other internal or external group for onsite issues, projects, or general maintenance.
- Assist on business wide projects and initiatives as needed and as assigned. Partner with warehouse and customer facing departments to operationalize new programs.
- Provide guidance and support to the EHS committee. Assist in planning company events and facilitate opportunities to further develop company culture. Monitor site morale, identify dips, and address as necessary.
- Collect data about website and internal software bugs and work with the engineering team to fix the problems. Partner with warehouse leadership teams to brainstorm and spec out new tools, work with the product manager and engineers to test updates and roll out to teams.
- Maintain site, including processing and scheduling repairs and maintenance, coordinating closures due to foreseen and unforeseen events, negotiating space needs, and communicating changes to the entire company in a clear and timely manner. Manage building schedule to ensure day-to-day coverage from open to close, including Saturday and holiday coverage.
- Provide complete and concise weekly updates regarding the state of the office and the warehouse teams
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Management or other relevant field
- Project management experience and outstanding supervisory skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in Excel) needed
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must
- Must have ability to work with diverse personalities while maintaining diplomacy and calm demeanor under pressure, and demonstrated success in people managing
- 5-7 years of production, manufacturing or warehouse management experience
Nice to Have:
- Ecommerce operation management experience
- Passion for photography or videography
- Working understanding of lean manufacturing methodology. Formal LEAN training is a plus.
- Basic SQL skills is desired
*Working at Shutterfly*
Our employees at Shutterfly are passionate and possess the deeply held belief that a team working for a cause will reach and benefit millions of people. We are looking for those rare individuals who share our passion about building a great company while delighting our customers, partners and fellow employees.
We keep a fun and casual environment at Shutterfly. Free drinks and snacks are always available, and free gear rental is a unique perk. We have the excitement of the dotcom era and the stability of an established, profitable company.
Shutterfly is an equal opportunity employer