Technical Program Manager
Shutterfly is seeking a Technical Program Manager for the Data Warehouse team. The Data Warehouse team’s vision is to provide quality data, in a timely manner, and develop innovative data solutions for our internal customers. The execution against this vision comes with several technical challenges including complexity and size of data and measuring data quality; and cross functional challenges including working with varied sets of business users and analytics partners to provide scalable data solutions that address complex business problems.
The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for driving strategic program and project planning, and delivering on plans within the Data Warehouse organization. This role will interact with cross functional teams of engineers, analysts, data scientists, product managers and executives. You should feel equally comfortable describing recommended plan and progress against milestones to executives, as you would be discussing technical details impacting plan and milestones with engineers.
This is a full-time position based in our Redwood City office.
- Bring a strong sense of execution, ownership to the team and foster solution-oriented approach to problem solving
- Manage cross-functional data engineering programs in a matrix organization
- Partner with product managers, infrastructure groups, data engineers, data scientists & analysts across the company to understand and anticipate their data needs; and plan programs within data engineering organization to align with Company goals and priorities
- Articulate the program requirements, technology dependencies and goals of the team’s deliverables towards building highly scalable, performant and reliable technical and business solutions in a data rich environment
- Define key milestones, assess delivery against milestones, communicate team’s capacity and progress against milestones to stakeholders and all levels of management in a consistent and transparent manner
- Forge partnerships with the Data Infrastructure and Platform teams to collaboratively solve hardware/software problems
- Proficient in usage of tools like JIRA to organize and manage delivery in an agile environment
- Help define the long-term vision & strategy for Data Warehouse space
- Six or more years of experience as a Technical Program Manager in a technical field
- Three or more years of experience in Big Data, Data Warehouse or large scale Cloud systems
- Deep experience with Product and Program Management as it applies to Data Solutions and Platforms
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans
- Experience leading cross-functional, multi-team data engineering solutions and 3rd party implementations
- Experience communicating with all levels of engineering and management
- Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems