Pre-Media Shift Manager - Weekday Evening Shift
Shutterfly Inc. has arrived in Plano! We are excited to continue hiring for our brand new, state of the art production facility in Plano, Texas, that we opened in January 2020.
At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Reasons to join our Shutterfly team in Plano:
• Career development & on-the-job training
• COVID-19 Preparedness Plan & Safety Training
• Coolest co-workers in town!
• Competitive hourly pay and shift differentials for most shifts
• Overtime during peak seasons
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid Time Off and 12 Paid Holidays
• Clean, climate controlled, state-of-the-art facility
• Casual, relaxed attire
• On-site amenities include a gym, game room, free beverages, etc.
• Up to $2500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
The Premanufacturing Shift Manager (Supervisor), in conjunction with the Premanufacturing Manager, is responsible for supporting a production environment focused on continuous improvement and objective achievement in safety, quality, delivery, customer service, and employee engagement disciplines related to Premanufacturing activities. The Premanufacturing team supports Portrait Prelab and Yearbook Prepress activities and requires someone who can ensure efficient day-to-day plant operations while driving a high-performance, lean culture.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner closely with the Premanufacturing Manager to ensure overall safety, cost, quality, delivery and employee engagement goals are established, tracked, and achieved thru continuous improvement activities and lean initiatives.
- Provide leadership that drives positive employee engagement and teamwork across all Premanufacturing shifts, and all Shutterfly production and related support activities.
- Provide Preproduction Lead and other hourly associate leadership support, ensuring performance expectations are developed collaboratively and well understood with timely performance feedback provided.
- Develop the technical skills, leadership skills, and business acumen of the Preproduction team.
- Assist in the introduction and implementation of new technologies, processes, methods, products and services as needed.
- Lead and participate in safety, quality, delivery, customer service and productivity initiatives, both within the site and in conjunction with other sites as necessary.
- Work in conjunction with other sites to drive “best way” continuous improvement culture and process standardization.
- Develop and maintain standard operational procedure documentation and support training initiatives as needed.
- In conjunction with Human Resource partners, develop and implement successful new hire onboarding and retention strategies for full time and temporary Premanufacturing associates.
- Assist with the annual development of Premanufacturing expense budget, capital budget, volume forecasting, and related staffing plans.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Engineering, Operations Management or related field
- LEAN certification desirable
- Minimum 5 years of experience in high volume process manufacturing that utilizes state-of-the-art systems and processes.
- Experience leading or participating in process improvement initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership capacity.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of production processes.
- Proven skills in building strategy and leading projects.
- A hands-on leadership approach with a strong production floor presence.
- Excellent communications skills: Ability to articulate ideas, delegate, direct, motivate and train team across all levels of the organization.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to make data driven and manage-thru-fact decisions.
- Demonstrated skills in independent decision making.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
The physical requirements described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties and responsibilities.
When performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment.