Senior Product Manager, Customer Service Operations
Shutterfly leads the industry in design, service and innovation. Our wide range of personalized products helps celebrate life's important moments. From cards and announcements to invitations and stationery, we are committed to delighting our customers every day. We achieve this through cutting-edge technology, uncompromising service and high-quality products that are beautiful and unique.
Shutterfly is seeking a successful Senior Product Manager, Customer Service Operations to partner with business and technology counterparts to create compelling product strategies and product roadmaps that deliver high-quality service experiences for our integrated platforms. Elements of success for this role include strong leadership and vision, creativity, strategic thinking, influencing skills, and technical depth.
The ideal candidate is energetic, capable of shifting between priorities quickly and adding value to a broad range of business and integration needs, has strong technical skills as well as strong communication skills, and has the ability to work across a broad group of stakeholders.
• Serve as a product owner, leader, and motivator to develop new products and make improvements to existing applications.
• Hands-on product management, design, analysis, and systems development from concept through delivery.
• Work closely with engineering, user experience, operations, and customer service to ensure product goals are met.
• Collaborate and maintain regular communication to refine requirements and provide project status updates.
• Collect and analyze key site and business metrics. Use this data to support the prioritization and definition of project initiatives, as well as determine the successful deployment and adoption of product features.
• Develop requirements, drive feature prioritization and tradeoffs, write feature specifications, and develop a well-groomed backlog.
• Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs.
• Drive innovation, champion new projects, and collaborate strongly with cross-functional management to successfully get new product ideas on the roadmap.
• Anticipate and resolve resource gaps, obstacles, and timing issues. Ensure efficient use of company resources cross-functionally.
• 7+ years of product management, systems consulting, or analyst experience working with complex software applications and systems.
• History of thriving in an agile product development environment.
• Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly-scalable applications.
• Experience in designing compelling solutions and integrating complex systems/APIs.
• Experience with consumer Internet solutions in areas such as customer service, photography, shopping/e-commerce, or manufacturing is also a plus.
• Passion for bringing innovative new products to market and creating great user experiences.
• Experience working closely with engineering to balance technical, product, and business trade-offs.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams. Know how to influence without authority.
• Ability to collaborate actively & effectively on multidisciplinary teams and present your work clearly and comfortably in a variety of settings
• Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills.
• Experience writing technical requirements for software systems